Truck Drivers provide delivery support to Wheeler Trucking in accordance with company mission, vision, strategic plan, and goals. Performance Responsibilities – Essential Functions (Other duties may be assigned)
1. Inspects truck and trailers at the beginning and ending of each work day; records any defects found; and submits report indicating truck condition. Reports serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel immediately.
2. Inventories and inspects all freight before moving from bay location. Obtains signatures for all damages from appropriate personnel.
3. Gives directions to load assistance personnel for loading.
4. Maneuvers truck into loading/unloading position.
5. Fastens chains, binders and/or straps to secure load on trailer during transit.
6. Records amount and type of cargo being delivered.
7. Plans routes using maps or satellite tracking.
8. Has the ability to operate E-log system.
9. Contacts customer for delivery process/instructions.
10. Weighs load to ensure compliance with state/federal regulations.
11. Drives tractor-trailer combination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver products or materials, usually over long distance. Follow all applicable traffic laws. Take rest periods during trip as needed and required.
12. Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road. Follows accident procedures if an accident occurs.
13. Delivers goods while operating a tractor-trailer, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
14. Services truck-trailer with oil, grease, fuel, and radiator fluid to maintain tractor-trailer. Keeps truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma or GED plus Two (2) years of OTR truck driving experience.
• CDL-A License
Wheeler Trucking’s Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Wheeler Trucking is an equal opportunity employer. Wheeler Trucking prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal opportunity to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other protected class.
Location/Region: Flushing, MI (US - 48433)