The 2018 finalist for best places to work in Colorado is looking for a Shop Foreman to join one of the top BMW dealerships in the nation.
Schomp employees provide the highest level of service and deliver a great experience for everyone that works for and with Schomp Automotive.
Why Schomp? * Our employees come first* Customers have a great experience if they work with employees that love their work.
* Upward mobility* We promote from within.
Employees have the opportunity to apply and interview for open job positions that match their abilities and resume.
* Employee Discounts* Employees are eligible for discounts on vehicles, parts, and service through the seven manufacturers we represent.
* Benefits* Medical and Dental coverage
* 401K with a company match * Paid vacation
* On-Site gym * Employee Assistance Program with free counseling sessions
As a BMW Shop Foreman you will...
* Effectively manage a high volume of work
* Be able to adapt to a fast-paced, productive and dynamic environment
* Plans, organizes, leads, and controls the flow of service work through the service department in a professional, timely manner while ensuring quality repairs
* Maintains consistency with all “work in process” with Team Leads
* As needed, performs all service technician functions, including diagnosing and inspecting vehicles to make recommendations to customers of needed repairs and potential problem areas
* As needed, Performs preventative maintenance, repairs and parts replacements on any other vehicle that comes to the shop for repair
* Keeps an inventory of all equipment, and parts that are used for repairs and maintenance
* Oversees all activities in the shop, from receiving parts and equipment to usage in vehicle repairs/maintenance
* Conduct fuel and electrical diagnostics
* Assists in recruiting, hiring, and supervising qualified technicians
* Is responsible for all scheduling of Technicians
* Prepares Work Orders and Invoices for billing
* Assists employees to clock in and out of HRIS systems
* Assists employees in accounting for their individual Productivity and Efficiency
* Assists employees in developing more efficient methods for completing workQualifications:
* Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
* Exceptional time management * Ability to work non-traditional hours to support customer needs
* Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and as needed to ensure completion of customer resolutions
* High School Diploma or GED is required.
* ALL ASE Certifications up to date * 6-9 years of experience in vehicle repair, including administrative and supervisory experience
* Must have thorough understanding of diesel and gasoline engines
* Valid Driver’s license * Desire to continue education
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize important activities.
* Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
* Demonstrate resourcefulness, energy, and endurance
* Demonstrates excellent attention to detail
* Must be legally and technically able to safely operate Schomp and customer-owned vehicles
* MUST have BMW Technician Certifications
* Must be insurable by Schomp insurance
Work Environment * Will primarily work in a shop environment
* 70% standing * 30% walking, bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling, etc.
* Adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity to operate hand tools, machinery, computers, diagnostic tools, and other shop machines in order to perform the requisite job functions.
* Visual acuity to see details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
Requires extended visual inspections of work area and components, as well as reading and entering information on computer screens.
* Must be able to sit or stand in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
* Adequate physical ability to maneuver inside, outside, and under a vehicle as required for diagnosis and repair.
* Requires frequent reaching, bending, repetitive hand movements, twisting, standing, walking, sitting, squatting, pushing, and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift.
* Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted.
* Ability to work in extreme weather conditions in both summer and winter.
* Regular, punctual attendance is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Expected Hours of Work * This is a full-time position
* Evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
Location/Region: Littleton, CO (80129)