METROPOLITAN TRANSIT DISTRICT
BUS DRIVERS - BUS OPERATORS
Enjoy a career as an MTD Bus Operator!GET PAID WHILE YOU TRAIN!
- $17.00 an hour to start (while training)
- $19.15 an hour after one year and annual increase per contract.
- (Current maximumi $27.18/hour)
- Continuously Accepting Applications and Interviews held weekly.
- Serve the Santa Barbara community as a professional Bus Driver/Bus Operator, transporting riders in the areas of Goleta, Santa Barbara, Montecito, Summerland and Carpinteria.Operators are trained to drive a variety of diesel and electric buses and provide excellent customer service, helping to improve mobility for the South Coast.
QUALIFICATIONS:i High School Diploma or GED, clean driving record andi 4+ years driving experience.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Family Medical, Dental and vision coverage.
- Employer-funded pension.
- Optional 457(b) supplemental retirement
- Paid vacation, sick, holiday and more!
- We train
- $65,000 to $75,000 - SALARY Annualized
GENERAL PURPOSE -
- The Procurement Specialist manages and carries out the procurement process for supplies, equipment, professional services, capital acquisitions, and construction projects for a public transit agency in compliance with government procurement laws, regulations, and procedures.
- Performs contract administration and project management.
- Ability to engage in all phases and levels of duties required for each procurement from initial planning through project completion.
- Prepare solicitation instructions, specifications, statements of work, and contract documents.
Such duties may include but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Lead proposal evaluation teams including vendor interviews and proposal negotiations
- Obtain & evaluate references concerning bidder technical and financial capacities for project
- Write contract award recommendations and present such... to the MTD Board of Directors
- Carry out contract administration and project management during project implementation
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local procurement laws, regulations, and standards Determine estimated contract/project costs and carry out price or cost analyses of proposals
- Interact with local jurisdictions regarding planning, public works, and permitting requirements
- Work with architects, engineers, and technical or project management consultants
- Review MTD’s purchasing procedures and processes seeking improvements and streamlining
- Maintain complete, up-to-date electronic and hardcopy procurement and project records
- Performs other duties as assigned
To successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position, the ideal candidate must have the following:
Education and Experience -
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with major course work in business administration, public administration, or a related field OR any combination of education and experience to fulfill the duties of the position.
- Two to five years of experience in accounting and/or purchasing department
- Public Agency experience is strongly preferred.
- Applicants with private sector purchasing experience with similar knowledge, abilities, and/or education will be considered.
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills and etiquette
- Ability to type 35 to 40 WPM
- Maintain and present self in a professional appearance and demeanor in general everyday setting and in stressful situations
- Research and compile data and information, and apply analytical skills
- Prepare reports and presentations.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing in an office environment and present information clearly and concisely to various audiences
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Concise and coherent English language in effective communications and interactions regularly with other agency employees, members other agencies, outside vendors and the public by telephone, in a one-on-one, face-to-face setting and/or group settings.
- Knowledge of modern office principles and practices to include business, reports and presentation writing.
- Knowledge of personal computers and current office software programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) for presentations, email, spreadsheets and databases at the advanced level of proficiency
- Ability to perform assignments with speed and accuracy under time pressure and deadlines.
WORKING CONDITIONS –
- In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Environment: Primary work location is in a general office environment. Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards; may drive district vehicle while conducting district business.
- Physical: Hearing and Speaking sufficient to articulate information in person, and by telephone. Vision within normal range with or without correction; sitting or standing for extended periods of time; walking on uneven surfaces; uses hands to handle, feel and operate standard office equipment including work assigned computer; mental capability to use or apply analytical reasoning and concepts, read and interpret documents, observe and interpret people and situations, perform detailed on multiple concurrent tasks. Ability to move/lift 25 pounds.
- Hazards – Exposure to traffic, fumes, dust, dirt, and computer screens.
If you meet the minimum requirements of this position, please go click APPLY to the right to complete an online application. SBMTD is an EOE/Drug Free Workplace •
*This is a temporary assignment and the position will not extend past one-year. Due to the temporary nature of this position, employee benefits will be limited
For information and online application Click Apply Now!
EOE/Drug Free Workplace
Location/Region: Santa Barbara, CA