To be a driver you must have or have the ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger and School Bus endorsements. If an applicant does not currently hold this license, we will train to get the license at no cost to the applicant, but the applicant, upon successful completion of training will be held to a prior signed contract requiring at least 1 year of service to our company or the applicant will have to pay us back for the training.
All of our drivers must become Anne Arundel County Public School Bus Driving Certified and for that to begin, all applicants must furnish a complete driving record that meets the following requirement:
- Not more than one current point
- Has not had more than 2 points in the past 5 years
- Has not had more than one moving violation that resulted in the assessment of points in the past 5 years
- There is not more than 1 “Failure to Appear” on the driving record within the past 5 years.
- Has not had an alcohol related infraction within the past 10 years
- The provided driving record must have been pulled within 30 days of applying with the company.
(Any out of state violations will be assessed as if they were in Maryland)
If you fit these requirements and are interested in becoming a driver please contact us for more information.
*** Qualified Applicants will recieve a Bonus.
We are truly a family here at Lonergan’s Charter Service. All of our employees are part of that family and when our customers ride Lonergan’s they become part of the family as well. So if you are interested in becoming part of our family whether it is to catch a ride with us or you are interested in working with us, please explore our site to book reservations or inquire about employment.