We're seeking a detail-oriented and reliable FACTORY TRAINED Automotive Service Technician to perform vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
The Automotive Technician works closely with the Service Advisor or Service Manager to inform them of additional maintenance items or repairs found while performing the requested work and/or while performing the Vehicle Check-Up Inspection Report (VCU) also known as a multi-point inspection.
In this role, you will suggest any maintenance, repair, and safety items found during the VCU first, then any additional maintenance items as suggested from FMC maintenance guidelines second.
This individual is required to keep a clean, neat, and organized work area.
If you're eager to advance your professional skills in a fast-paced and motivating environment, then apply to see what we have to offer.
Who We Are
At Woody Anderson Ford, we strive to make every customer a customer for life.
Happy employees make happy customers, and we reward individuals who are ready to work hard and stay motivated.
Every employee at Woody Anderson Ford is absolutely critical to its success and we’re always looking for smart, engaging, creative and dynamic people who want to join a team where they matter.
Our goal is to exceed a client’s total expectation when they arrive at our dealership, so we realize we must first provide that level of investment to our employees through continual training, career development and opportunities for growth.
Your professional development is one of our top priorities.
That's why we're proud to offer our staff members with a comprehensive benefits package, competitive compensation plans, and abounding avenues to grow your career with us!
What We Offer
* Health Insurance
401(k) Savings Plan with Employer Match
Closed on Sundays *
Paid Vacation *
Paid Company Holidays *
Paid Training *
Work-Life Balance *
Ongoing Professional Development *
Employee Discounts *
Family-Friendly and Inclusive Team Culture
Career Growth and Internal Promotions *
Custom and Competitive Wage Plans
* Maintain a professional personal appearance always; this includes your hair, beard, breath, nails, attire, name badge, body language, how you conduct yourself, and how you represent our company, our team, and our products (on and off the premises).
* Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
* Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair in a timely manner.
* For all “No Problem Found” concerns, must document all steps that were taken to determine you were not able to duplicate the concern on the no problem found form and attach the form to the repair order.
* Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
* Return all warranty parts to the parts department and have the Parts Sales Representative stamp, sign, and date the repair order for each warranty part returned.
* Return all parts that have a core charge to the parts department in the original packaging.
* Save and tag any parts requested by a customer (except for any warranty parts).
* Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required or recommended and provide complete estimate to Service Advisor before any repairs are started.
Qualifications * Factory Trained
High school diploma or the equivalent *
Ford ASSET, FACT, MLR, or ACE training
Other manufacture certifications and/or ASE certifications
Automotive career training from accredited programs (UTI, MMI, etc.)
* Three to six years related experience and/or training
Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Technicians are responsible for continuing to take FMC Dealer STARS Modules for continued education in order to stay on the top of diagnostic procedures, etc.
* Ability to type and utilize all functions of a computer and various operating programs
Efficiency using Microsoft Suite Programs such as: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft OneNote, Microsoft Access
General mechanical skills and manual dexterity
Valid driver's license and clean driving record
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL (35816)